v. 1. 14th & 15th centuries -- v. 2-3. 16th century -- v. 4. 17th to 19th century and a few pieces of iron work -- v. 5. Oriental arms and armour & a few pieces of European iron work -- v. 6-8. Arms and armour supplements
This is a manuscript catalog.
Frank Gair Macomber, a wealthy Bostonian, assembled his collection of arms and armor during the final decades of the nineteenth century. Cleveland Museum of Art director Frederic Whiting approached Macomber in November 1915 hoping to persuade him to sell his collection to the museum. After much negotiation, a deal was agreed upon and Mr. and Mrs. John L. Severance provided funds to purchase Macomber’s collection which was on display the day the museum opened, June 6, 1916. Each piece in the collection is highlighted in the eight volume set, which includes photographs and written descriptions.
Pg. 303-309 corresponds to: Pg. 59 of R. Zschille'sche waffensammlung [https://archive.org/details/Zschille], and Two-Handed Sword of the State Guard of Julius of Brunswick-Lunüneburg, 1574
Pg. 303-309 corresponds to:
Pg. 59 of R. Zschille'sche waffensammlung (https://archive.org/details/Zschille), and
Two-Handed Sword of the State Guard of Julius of Brunswick-Lunüneburg, 1574 (http://www.clevelandart.org/art/1916.1508)